Chibnall Buckell Team Architects (CBTA)
The Senior Architect would be an energetic and creative person who can perform all phases of architectural work from project inception through to completion and occupancy.
They must be able to work both individually and within design team(s) depending on project size and complexity and have an expert knowledge of building products, construction detailing and compliance regulations.
This role requires the ability to communicate effectively with the full range of people involved in architectural practice and the construction industry, from clients through to tradespeople on site.
The Senior Architect is a critical member of our team and is a ‘public’ representative of the practice. They would have high ethical standards, good judgement and leadership, and be a ‘positive’ influence within the practice. They would work proactively to look after our current clients and when opportunity exists take the initiative to develop and secure new projects and clients for the practice.
- Liaise with clients to develop project briefs and report/communicate with them through all phases of project delivery.
- Liaise with consenting Territorial Authorities (and similar if required eg. Transit NZ) and coordinate inputs and information.
- Liaise with sub-consultants (structural, M&E, fire etc) and coordinate design inputs and information
- Prepare concept/preliminary designs and present to clients.
- Prepare detailed design documents including but not limited to architectural drawings, specifications, thermal calculations and finishes and fittings schedules.
- Prepare Resource Consent information, usually in conjunction with planning consultant.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of other CBTA staff through all phases of project delivery.
- Manage both project budgets and internal time (resource) allowances.
- Carry out site observation, and contract administration (forms of contract include NZIA SCC and NZS 3910)
- Setup and maintain detailed project files, both hardcopy and electronic files according to office protocols.
- Represent CBTA at local business network events if required.
- Maintain and develop professional and technical skills.